Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sticky "Stained Glass" Art

To be completely honest, I'm really not sure where this idea came from originally. I've wanted to do this for a while, but didn't want to go buy tissue paper just for this. I wound up with several different colors of tissue paper on hand after a baby shower, and decided it was time to give it a go. 
I started by taping a piece of contact paper (sticky side out) to a window, and cutting up several colors of tissue paper into small pieces. I didn't give Erik any instruction, but by now he's pretty familiar with contact paper and he jumped right in. 

 We both really enjoyed the bright sunshine coming through the colored papers. It was really pretty!
 This was a fun activity! Erik got to create a work of art while enjoying some sunshine despite the cold weather outside. We talked about the different colors, worked on the fine motor skills needed to stick the little bits of paper to the window, and just had fun. In case you haven't already guessed though, things did get a bit messy...
Weeks later I still occasionally find a bit of paper in some dark corner somewhere. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever have them all cleaned up. Oh well, he had so much fun, I'd say it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment