Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Cutting Practice

Erik loves to cut things up with his scissors. He will just sit and chop things into tiny pieces, just for the fun of it. I figured I'd use this to my advantage this week, and kill two birds with one stone. First, it helps him practice an important skill, second, it keeps him busy while I prep our activity for the day.
I've done things like this before where I gave Erik a sheet of paper to cut on while I'm busy, but this is the first time he really tried (and had some success) to cut on the lines. 
He decided peeling carrots looked like more fun, that's okay though because he was still building some great skills doing that too!
It's a simple activity, and the prep for it takes a minute, tops. But it keeps the kiddo busy and builds those finger muscles and hand-eye coordination, so it's a huge win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment