Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Phone Phun

Paisley loves to sit and chatter, so any time I see an activity that has to do with talking, I try to find a way to make it work for us. So, when I saw this one, I just knew we had to give it a shot. I dug around in Erik's toy box and found his toy cell phone, and then Paisley and I had a nice little phone call.
 
I would hold it to my ear and talk to her, and then put it up to her ear and give her a chance to talk back. She actually was too interested in the shiny mirror on the phone to do much talking, but she did get in on the conversation a little bit. I think as we continue to do this over the next couple of days she'll get into a little bit more. 
This is a great activity for social development. It gives Paisley a chance to learn about the give and take of carrying on a conversation, which is part of learning to talk. When you take the time to wait for her to say something, and then make a point of paying close attention when she does, it helps to build her self worth by showing her that you value her and her input. And don't forget, all that time spent talking and looking in each other's eyes is a great bonding opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment