Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Water Play

I warned you my posts would be much less frequent! Well, we have moved from Mississippi to New MExico are now officially "boomerang" children. We are comfortably settled in my parents home for the time being, until hubby finds a new job.

Today I'm going to share one of the activities we did with Paisley several weeks ago that just never got posted in all the hustle and bustle of life. Both kids had a blast with this one and would have loved it if we'd made it a part of our everyday routine.
All I did was take a big plastic tub, fill it up with water, and turn them loose. I also made sure to make some fun utensils and containers available to them to explore with. They got to splash and scoop and pour and squeeze and have a great time.
I put Paisley in some of Erik's old clothes so she'd have something warm and dry to go home in. Don't worry, her mom has much better fashion sense than this!
As is often the case, Paisley stood back and watched Erik for a few minutes before jumping in herself, but once she did she loved it!
Erik never did figure out why drinking out of the funnel didn't work. 
Paisley loved showing off her arm muscles by squeezing all the water out of the sponges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment