Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Shaving Cream Playdough

As I said before, there are tons of ideas out there for things one can do with shaving cream. This particular morning I asked Erik what he wanted to do for fun and he answered “play dough”. I went looking for my play dough recipe, and found this one that I had pinned a while back. We decided to give it a go. 
It’s pretty easy; you just squirt a bunch of shaving cream in a pile, add an equal amount of cornstarch, and mix it up. We decided to throw some food coloring in the mix, why not?
I do have to say this made way less dough than I thought it would. I kept adding shaving cream and adding starch and adding more shaving cream and more starch. We eventually got a pliable mixture, but by that time Erik had lost interest. Don’t get me wrong here; he loved squishing around in the shaving cream/cornstarch mess, just not long enough to still want to play with the dough when we finally got it right. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment