Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Baby Water Play

Once Maren learned to crawl, she insisted on being right by me at all times. Most of the time this isn't a problem, but sometimes (like when cooking dinner) I need a little bit of space. I needed a way to keep her busy while I worked, and this was perfect. 
 I laid a towel out on the kitchen floor, near enough that I could keep an eye on things but far enough away to give me room to work. I put a small amount of water in a 9x13 pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Set that on the towel along with a few simple utensils (measuring spoons and cups, perhaps) and you're all set. Maren happily splashed away, and any mess was caught by the towel.
When she was done playing I would empty any leftover water and set the pan and utensils out of the way. The towel got hung up to dry so it would be ready for more water fun next time I needed a few minutes of peace. It was so nice to cook or do dishes without a crying baby clinging to my legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment