Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Too Nice to Tug

I've been trying for about a week now to get Paisley interested in playing Tug-a-toy but she just won't have anything to do with it. Basically it's the same as tug-o-war, except you encourage your child to grab one end of a toy while you gently pull on the other. The idea is to have some fun while building balance and upper body strength. Our problem is that Paisley is just too nice to fight over a toy with me. I'll make sure she's really excited about the toy, and let her play with it for a moment, but as soon as I reach for it she drops it. I've tried and tried, but it's just not gonna happen.
I considered just pretending that in this picture she was pulling on the toy and we were making it work, but that just seemed silly. Of course everything we try isn't going to be perfect, so why pretend. 
So why even post this if it didn't work? Well, I'm sure that there's someone else out there who has a baby who would love this game, and maybe that someone reads this blog, so here you go mysterious someone. I hope you and your baby have a grand game of Tug-a-Toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment