Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Chunky Lacing Activity

The idea for this little game came from "What do we do all day?", and it was a hit with everyone. It was super easy to put together, and I didn't pay a dime for the supplies. I was looking for a new way to help Erik build his fine motor skills, and this seemed perfect. 
I had saved the rolls from our TP Mush, so it was the work of a few seconds to cut them into rings. I didn't have any wide ribbon handy like in the original post and I wanted something that would be thick enough that it was easy for him to handle. I took some scrap fabric, tore off three strips and braided them together. Then I tied a knot in each end and we were ready to go. I demonstrated what to do, and Erik took over from there. He had a blast threading the rings on there and played with it for quite a while. It was really fun to watch him go at it!
We did have to be very careful not to let Paisley get a hold of the cardboard rings. They dissolve pretty quickly in a slobbery mouth and can be a serious choking hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment