Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ginger Bread Man Pre-writting Activity

I try to stay away from things like worksheets, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Erik doesn't have much interest in coloring or really any fine motor activity, but I know how critical it is for him to build those skills so he can learn to write. So, since he has been reading the story of the Ginger Bread Man lately, I thought maybe I could get him to do a bit of tracing. I found this idea here, but don't have a printer to take advantage of her handy printable so I made my own worksheet. 
I handed it to Erik and told him these ginger bread men need his help getting home. I told him he needed to draw a road for them to take to get to their houses. He was thrilled and did the worksheet over and over, each time using a different color of crayon. He didn't follow the dotted lines perfectly, but I was impressed at how well he did, as this was the first time we've done anything like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment