Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Basket Pull

This little idea came from Productive Parenting, and it's been a huge hit. I actually put this one together a few weeks ago and have been trying to get a good picture of Erik with it ever since. It seems like every time I catch him playing with it the house is a mess in the background, or he's half naked, or he's running so fast all I get a picture of is a little blur. I finally have resigned myself to another post with less than stellar pictures and so I now bring you (drum roll please......)
Yep, I know. You were expecting something way more awesome than this.
This activity is pretty self explanatory. Tie some string to a basket (a shoe box would also work great) and tada! You've created tons of fun. Erik puts all kinds of stuff in here and hauls it all over the house. I think he mostly just loves that it follows him wherever he goes, sometimes he just pulls it around empty. 
See, what did I tell you. Half naked, messy house, crappy lighting, blurry. And this is one of the good ones. 
This is great for building large muscles as your child walks around the house, and fine motor skills as your child holds and pulls the string. They develop their sense of spatial awareness as they find out what objects fit or don't fit into their basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment